Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Coolest Shops In NYC


The Strand
They aren't kidding when they say they have over 18 miles of books. Our purchases from this fabulous shop almost forced us to buy another suitcase. I found Ki Nassauer's book Junk Beautiful : Room by Room Makeovers with Junkmarket Style.




Pearl River Mart
This is our first stop when we are in NYC. The beautiful tins of teas are under $3.00, so I have to stock up!




UNIQLO
Lulu bought her back-to-school clothes at this uber cool (and affordable) Japanese clothing store. Their only U.S. shop is located in Soho near Dean and Deluca.



M&J Trimming
This shop is a bit overwhelming with floor to ceiling drawers loaded with trims.




Toy Tokyo
The coolest shop in NYC, worth the trip to the East Village!


ABC Carpet and Home
The most beautiful store I have ever shopped in! We didn't have time to visit their outlet store in the Bronx, the second most beautiful shop in the world.



The perfect spot for vintage buttons, trims, ephemera and ribbon.

15 comments:

Raven's Rest Studio, Jennifer Conway said...

Looks like a WONDERFUL trip!!! Wish New York was a little closer to me - love shoping vicariously though! ABC Carpet and Home looks beautiful, and Tinsel Trading.....I just can't even imagine how great it is! *smiles* ~Jen

Coco said...

Oh what fun.

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

I bet she loves her new clothes...no one will be able to copy HER style. Tell her "nice move" from me.

LiLi M. said...

Great that you share your addresses, I knew a few of them but not all. Thanks! Mmm when do I go back to New York?

junkgarden said...

Cool! Have fun shopping. My daughter would love back to school shopping there too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE The Strand!!! :) I'm not much of a book reader, but I'm a book "looker". So much fun!

FrenchGardenHouse said...

What a fun shopping trip, thanks for taking us with you.
Thanks so much for visiting me today! I have added your name to my give away...
hope you are having a happy day.
xoxo Lidy

Anonymous said...

How awesome. I'd be in heaven in those bookstores.

Saucy said...

I'm thinking you have just carved out a "to-do" list for the gals attending BlogHer '10 next July in NYC.

I have always wanted to see Tinsel Trading and it looks like it is as good as is rumoured. I cannot, will not, tell Loopy about Lulu's sojourn into that Japanese clothing store. It would induce...

*splashes of teardrops* on the keyboard.

caren said...

OMGosh ~ Every store you mentioned are all places we used to go when my daughter was living in NYC. Well,except ABC Carpet- we never made it there. All the others I love!!!!!

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I am SO envious! I would like to live in Tinsel Trading if I can't come live with you.

vivienne strauss said...

oooh, I love the Strand! We are so lucky to have Powell's Books here in Portland which is almost as good. Looks like you had a great time!

tammy smith said...

oh my gosh-you shop at all my favorite places too-i actually spotted Jane Fonda in ABC once-wow! and tinsel trading is amazing--as is M & J.
makes me want to go back there soon!
thanks for stopping by my blog and making my day sunnier also-and i would LOVE to be added to your blog list if you wouldn't mind.
thanks linda!
tammy

Anonymous said...

What remarkable words

Philippines properties said...

I always visited your blog site. Your blog is very beautiful and informative.

Do you have more photos of the ABC Carpet and Home? Because I'm planning to buy for my new home.

Paula M