Saturday, January 10, 2009

Our Dewey Decimal



The very observant Marsha of Tumble Fish Studio fame noticed that we have arranged our books according to color. The bookshelves could use a bit of tidying up, but we do indeed try to keep colors together. Most of the books in our den are cooking or art books so they don't mind mingling on the same shelves. Next to alphabetizing (like that would ever happen), it is actually easier to find books this way. I will remember that the book about the dinner parties in the White House hosted by the Kennedeys is white and Martha's book is blue. Kind of anally retentive? Gulity.

4 comments:

lorhen82 said...

Hi Linda! I had noticed the color groupings as well!
The pink section is particularly striking! ~Lori

Becky Brown said...

Kind of anally retentive, yes. But totally fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I find lots of things in common with you. But your bookcase takes the cake. I have a similar looking bookcase, except I covered some of my books with red and brown butcher paper for an aesthetically appealing look =). My husband was not pleased, but I let him know that I only covered my books.
p.s. I have the Kennedy dinner party book on my bookshelf too.

Tumble Fish Studio said...

I can't believe I missed this post! It cracks me up that you noticed my comment about this. Don't mind me, I'm obsessed with the DDS - I've told you before that my husband uses me as a party trick to give you the Dewey number for any subject. Once a librarian, always . . . However, you'll be glad to know that my socks and clothes are arranged by color, then by season.

I love you, Linda!